- Street: Camayan Wharf, West Ilanin Forest Area, Subic Bay
- City: Subic
- Country: Philippines
- Zip/Postal Code: 2209
- Listed: October 1, 2016 2:32 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Ocean Adventure Subic Bay is the first Southeast Asia’s only open water Marine Park. Here our animals live and play in a natural setting of clear water swarming with marine life, coral reefs, and a lovely white sand beach. Experience an encounter with whales, and sea lions, and a host of fish and sea creatures in a selection of exciting and cherished ways. Ocean Adventure is an all-weather park. It has covered walkways, sheltered stadiums, and indoor facilities that will insure their guests will have a comfortable experience, in sunshine or in rain.The three main parts to the Subic Ocean Adventure Park are the Sea Lion Show, Whale Presentation and Discovery Aquarium.
OCEAN ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES
Whale and Dolphin Show
Sea Lion Marine Patrol Show
Ocean Discovery Aquarium
Sea Lion Training Center
Positive Reinforcement Training
Wildlife in Need Animal Rescue Center
Animal Photo Opportunities
Swim with the Whales
Wade with our Whales and Dolphins
Dive with the Whales for Certified Divers
Subic Ocean Adventure Floating Habitat
The Ocean Adventure Park is fairly proud of being environmentally friendly and try to encourage and teach conservation to all who come. The materials the marine park used:
• 65,000 ft (6,000m2) Tensar which is a tough, lightweight plastic mesh used on hillsides to prevent mud or rock slides. This is used as the pen and fencing materials.
• The fence and pen are sewn together with 90,000 feet (27,500m) of a tough UV-resistant nylon line called Tuna-Cord.
• 1,100 ft (335m) of an oil slick retention boom-line, called Aquaguard, it is the same system used to contain oil spills. It protects the animals from surface scum and pollutants.
• The pens and habitat are moored. They use over 150 tons (136,500kg) of recycled concrete, telephone poles and concrete batch sample plugs that are all used to hold everything in place.
• Over 3,000 ft (950m) of nylon line is used as moorings.
• 300 key-lock floats, made of a light weight polyurethane material and held together by hourglass shaped key-locks, make up the walkways.
• 825 ft (250m) of heavy gauge 2″ PVC piping make up the blue fence posts.
• 1,200 ft (365m) heavy gauge 6″ PVC, stiffens the walkway systems.
Subic Ocean Adventure Sea Lion Show
As you walk into the Ocean Adventure Park you will face the water. If you walk to the left you will come to the Seals, to the right are the False Killer Whales and Dolphins. They are kept and either end of the marine park. The sea lions are actually South American Sea Lions and they do a show in the Nautilus Theatre. The show is real fun and enjoyable to all, there is an underlying message of how to take care of the environment. Now if you want to have your photo taken with one of the Sea Lions, well you can, you can shake it’s fin or receive a big fishy kiss. Lots of fun for everyone.
Subic Ocean Adventure Whale Presentation
The highlight of the day since you can view the Whale Presentation from the El Capitan Stadium, which is named after a shipwreck just outside the marine park. The two False Killer Whales are named Pounder and Tonker and put on a mighty show for all to see, diving out of the water and towing and hurling there trainers out of the water. The show is conducted with an educational slant hoping that the guests may pick up something and use it in a way that may help the environment.You can swim with them or even scuba dive with them but it will cost you extra. You will get to touch and be towed by the False Killer Whales and there is always a photographer ready to take your happy snaps, which you can pick up on your way out with their corresponding prices.
Subic Ocean Adventure Discovery Aquarium
The Discovery Aquarium is a walk through building with numerous aquariums built into the walls. Each aquarium houses different diversities of marine and fresh water creatures; from the coral reefs through to the mangroves each ecosystem has its unique variety of fish. From the Discovery Aquarium, you can really see the difference in colors between the marine or saltwater fish and the fresh water cousins, the marine are very dazzling and colorful.
Adult – Php 788
Senior Citizen – Php 628
Children 12 years old and below – Php 628
Children under 30-inches – Free
Visit there website for hours and complete info, www.oceanadventure.com.ph
898 total views, 3 today